cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-26 26-port Gigabit Smart Switch, Firmware 1.4.10.06 No network connection.

SomeITGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have updated my SG200-26 to the latest Firmware 1.4.10.06 and did a factory reset and rebooted. When I connect the network cable into it and my laptop to it my laptop can't get to the rest of the network. From the laptop I can log into the switch no problem and when I look at the ports the one that the laptop is plugged into up, up but the one from the network cable is plugged into shows down, down. What do I need to do to get to the rest of the network and internet from the SG200-26?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

SomeITGuy
Level 1
Level 1
I have looked through alot of the posts for the this switch and can't find anything that addresses this issue has anyone seen how to fix this?

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

It is hard to tell what it is plugged into without network diagram.  Is it plugged into another switch trunked or maybe an access port connected to a router?  If you roll back the firmware does it work fine?

There isn't any trunking or special configuration going on from the other switch. If I put a dumb switch in place of the sg200 the laptop can see the rest of the network and the internet. When I put the sg200 in place the laptop cannot get past it. This was the problem when I first got it that's why I updated the firmware. I have seen other posts that says it should just work straight out og the box without any configuration and other posts that say you need to set a default gateway I can't seem to find the same answer twice.

Is the sg200 suppose to work like an unmamaged switch straight out of the box (connect computers and internet access to it and and the computers can get to the internet) or does it need to be configured in order to work?

I appreciate your help.

Straight out of the box the port is a trunk.  What is the switch connected to?  How many networks do you have? Are you using VLAN tags?

I use access ports for clients and trunk ports for uplink ports typically.

scott.pendleton
Level 1
Level 1

I assume by network cable you mean the connection from the "internet".   The port for the internet router is showing down down. This sounds like a negotiation issue. I used to see this with ActionTec routers.  You said you have an unmangged switch and this works.  Try this.. connect a port from the unmanaged switch into the same port on the SG200 that the internet device WAS plugged into.  Does it come up?  If so then plug the internet device into the unmanaged switch.  If this works its becuase the internet device isn't able to negotiate speed and duplex with the SG200.  What you may have to do is fiddle with manually changing the port speed/duplex settings on the SG200 until it shows up up. 

**Mark all helpful posts and solutions**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X