cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco sg300 52p switch inter vlan communication

kboroumand
Level 1
Level 1

We are a small but fast growing business and as the number of our employees grows I am creating vlans to separate network traffic. We presently use Cisco SG200 layer 2 switches which handle separate vlans but they cant do routing between vlans.

My boss has asked me to give him access to the accounting vlan from our default vlan. 

Can the Cisco SG300 switch handle this kind of inter vlan routing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @kboroumand 

That model does support intervlan-routing. I enclose a discussion for you to keep in mind:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/inter-vlan-routing-on-cisco-sg300/td-p/2896665

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @kboroumand 

That model does support intervlan-routing. I enclose a discussion for you to keep in mind:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/inter-vlan-routing-on-cisco-sg300/td-p/2896665

Regards

Luis,

Thanks for your response.

This is exactly what I needed.

Just one more question:

Once I'm done configuring the vlans and IP interfaces on the sg300 switch and I give an interface access to both vlans using layer 3 routing will the users pc be able to also see shared folders on both vlans via their different ip addresses by typing for example: \\192.168.1.1 or \\192.168.2.1

Hi @kboroumand 

After configuring intervlan-routing, you should have connectivity between those two vlan.

You can test that by testing ping.

If the ping is successful, you would only see the enablement of the application you want.

Regards

Thanks Luis.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X