Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG350-10 strange behaviour with IP camera

Hello,

I am using the cisco SG350-10 in DHCP server mode with an IP camera and it sometimes work and sometimes not. When I connect the ethernet cable on ports 1, 8 and sometimes 6 I get the ACT LED blinking and I can connect the camera. If I try to connect to a different port I get no light on the ACT and I cannot connect at all. 

The camera works when connected directly to my computer. I'm breaking my head but I cannot figure out what is going on here. Any suggestions?

Best,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

- Ref : https://imenco.no/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Goblin-Shark-User-Manual-Rev-16.pdf

>...

Cameras pinned out with only 2 Ethernet pairs (4 wires) could encounter connection
             problems when connected to Gigabit Ethernet switches. Appropriate settings must be
             altered in the switches to accommodate for this. 

>...

This may refer to Auto-MDIX being recognized or not. I don't think the small business switch can be changed w.r.t supported behavior , you need higher level hardware and or IOS based switches for that , you may then test settings according to (for instance) :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3.2_0_se/multibook/configuration_guide/b_consolidated_config_guide_3850_chapter_010100.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

It works!!!

I set the speed to 100M and added MIDX from auto in the settings and both cameras work with the ports that they couldn't connect before!

Thank you Marce

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Compare port-settings for working and none-working ports, also check the logs and or compare between working and when a none-working connection is being made.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I checked the port settings but they seem identical. Regarding the logs, when I connect/disconnect the Ethernet cable from a working port I immediately get some notifications but with the non-working ports it is like nothing is happening.

-  Are the none-working ports operational for other devices (=not IP camera) ?

M.

Yes. I tried to connect the non working ports with my laptop as well and there are no problems with that. 

- You may have a cable-length , problem. As a test use a very short lan-cable to connect the camera to the switch. Check if this resolves the issue or not.

M.

I've tried with a shorter cable and I still get similar behavior. 

- Do the camera's require POE ?

M.

No, the cameras are powered from a supply. 

- Do the cameras have some sort of power-ok-led-status-indicator ? Also what is the full model-name ?

M.

There is no LED status indicator for the cameras. The model is goblin shark from Imenco. Here you can find the product page.

- Ref : https://imenco.no/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Goblin-Shark-User-Manual-Rev-16.pdf

>...

Cameras pinned out with only 2 Ethernet pairs (4 wires) could encounter connection
             problems when connected to Gigabit Ethernet switches. Appropriate settings must be
             altered in the switches to accommodate for this. 

>...

This may refer to Auto-MDIX being recognized or not. I don't think the small business switch can be changed w.r.t supported behavior , you need higher level hardware and or IOS based switches for that , you may then test settings according to (for instance) :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3.2_0_se/multibook/configuration_guide/b_consolidated_config_guide_3850_chapter_010100.html

M.

It works!!!

I set the speed to 100M and added MIDX from auto in the settings and both cameras work with the ports that they couldn't connect before!

Thank you Marce

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X