Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SGE2000P 24 port switch factory reset problem

humph
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people, my first post.

I just bought myself a Cisco SGE2000P 24port network switch. It has been my dream to own one but the price of a brand new one has always kept it out of reach from me, till now.

So after buying this switch and powering it on so as to configure it to my liking. I could not see it's IP in my router. I saw it was set as 'master' and number "1". I downloaded the user manual from this Cisco site and in it said to press the rest switch at the front in order for the unit to be reset to Factory mode in order to use the default IP 192.168.1.254.

I pressed the reset switch for 10sec and the unit rebooted. Once it powered back on it was still "mast" "1". I tried the default IP but it didn't work. So I disconnected  the switch from my network and pressed reset once again so this time it was stand alone. After powering up it was still "Mast" "1" and still would not let the default IP 192.168.1.254 to login to configure. Obviously it's been configured by the last user to reboot as master after reset. 

I haven't got a console cable nor does my laptop have a console plug in order to connect one. Would anyone know how I can reset this switch back to factory or what IP I can use to http into it so I can start configuring it.

Thank you so much in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SMB team.

Usually on the SMB devices, you need to press the reset button for more than 10s, for the device to factory reset itself.
Normally all the port LEDs will go up, then you can let go of the reset button.
I recommend pressing for at least 30s.

Also please disconnect the Router from the Switch and assign a static IP to your PC.
for example 192.168.1.100 /24.

P.S There are RS232 to USB cables available on the market.

Hope that this information helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SMB team.

Usually on the SMB devices, you need to press the reset button for more than 10s, for the device to factory reset itself.
Normally all the port LEDs will go up, then you can let go of the reset button.
I recommend pressing for at least 30s.

Also please disconnect the Router from the Switch and assign a static IP to your PC.
for example 192.168.1.100 /24.

P.S There are RS232 to USB cables available on the market.

Hope that this information helps.