Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco (Small Business) switch - SG200-50: Can't enable mini-GBIC expansion

MandrichTech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working with an SG200-50P switch. I know it's probably more "Linksys" that "Cisco", but I figured I'd try here since there's little info I've found to help me. I ordered an MGBT1 GB Ethernet module and can't get it to be recognized by the switch. It's seated correctly but not showing a link if I connect to it, and I see nothing in the interface aside from ports 1-50. Like nothing related to the mini-GBIC expansion slots. I'm currently on FW 1.3.X and will be updating to 1.4.x today when I can reboot.

I'm wondering if the issue is that I'm currently using ports 49/50 for server connections. With ports 49/50 and the mini-GBIC, are they either/or? If I want to utilize the expansion port, do I have to forego the built-in Ethernet ports?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

your assumption is correct.

SG200-50 has 50 GigE ports

Port 49 and 50 are either or, you can use only one of the 2 physical interfaces, SFP or RJ45.

Move the server to port 48

Best

Jo

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

your assumption is correct.

SG200-50 has 50 GigE ports

Port 49 and 50 are either or, you can use only one of the 2 physical interfaces, SFP or RJ45.

Move the server to port 48

Best

Jo

Understood. Thank you for confirming.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X