Views
Helpful
Replies

Command menu via Telnet doesn't work on SF300-24 with Firmware 1.3.7.18

Giovanni Alai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded the firmware of a SF300-24 to the version 1.3.7.18. After the upgrade i noticed that via Telnet the command menu doesn't work: the swithc says "Unrecognized commad".

Before upgrading it the command menu worked fine ( i attach a picture).

Do you know why this change in this Firmware version? The menu command will be enabled again in the next firmware version?

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

step 1: Make the 1.3.7.18 image as active as shown in the fig1

step 2:Reboot the switch (to make the image 2 as active). see the fig2

regards

Moorthy

Hi Moorthy,

i did these step, and the switch is working with the version 1.3.7.18.

The problem is that using the version 1.3.7.18, via Telnet the Command menu doesn't work.

Thank you.

Hi

Try to downgrade the firmware to version 1.3.5.58 make it active.And check whether you are getting the command menu over telnet.

Note: Try to change your switch IP address from default(192.168.1.254)  to different IP address (192.168.1.XXX).

regards

Moorthy

Hi,

yes the dograde could be a solution, but if in the future we need to upgrade the firmware to solve some bugs we will lost the feature...

Thank you.

Giovanni Alai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Moorthy,

i did these step, and the switch is working with the version 1.3.7.18.

The problem is that using the version 1.3.7.18, via Telnet the Command menu doesn't work.

Thank you.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I am pretty sure that menu is no longer available.  I can't answer why.  I only remember seeing it on older firmware like on the SG2010 switches.  You should use web GUI or regular CLI.  Is there any particular reason you want it or need it?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Hi,

so do you think that in the future this feature will be not available?

We used this because sometimes we use it insted the WEB GUI..

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The menu command was removed to make room for other new features.  From now on that will not be an option when you are configuring the switch.  You still have the web GUI and normal CLI, but no more menu.

Hope that helps,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Hi Christopher,

thank you for the answer.

Regards,

Giovanni Alai

Thanks for that. It was the easy way to identify tcp port status. Is there any other way to test TCP without using telnet from the cli.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X