cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure 2 VLANs SG-200-26P using WRVS4400N

PEOPLEVISION
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to configure two VLANs on my SG-200-26p switch. Using port 25 for VLAN 1 and port 26 for VLAN 2 coming from my WRVS4400N. Then assign individual port (1-24) to one or the other VLAN.

My router has 2 VLANs private (1) Public (2). Private is conifured for ports 1, 3&4 and private wireless. Public configured port 2 and public wireless.

Each work fine with different IPs on each VLAN.

Can I configure the Switch as mentioned above using port 25 and 26? Is there instructions somewhere?      

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PEOPLEVISON,

Under Port VLAN Membership you may need to select a port before Join VLAN...

You can also us Port to VLAN if you wish. Just select the VLAN at the top and press Go. Then check the radio button for Untagged for the ports that you want in that VLAN.

I don't see any problem with what you are trying to do. Please keep us updated.

- Marty

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

PEOPLEVISION,

It sounds like you are very close to making this work. You simply need to create VLAN 2 on the switch and assign ports to each VLAN.

Go to VLAN Managgement-> Create VLAN and Add.

VLAN ID: 2

VLAN Name: Guest

Go to Port VLAN Membership and click Join VLAN... at the bottom. Select port 26 from the dropdown. In the right box, select 1UP and use the left arrow to move it to the left box. Then select 2 from the left box and choose Untagged at the bottom. Use the right arrow to move 2UP to the right box. Now port 26 is a member of VLAN 2 untagged.

Do the same for any other port that you want to be a member of VLAN 2.

You can also create a Trunk port between the WRVS4400N and SG200 which will pass both VLAN 1 and 2 over the same connection. In that case on both the router and switch make the port a trunk and add VLAN 1 Tagged and VLAN 2 Untagged.

Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

PEOPLEVISION
Level 1
Level 1

Marty, thanks

I was able to create the "Guest" without a problem.

However the rest is where I get confused. I have be wrong but I expected to run cat6 from port 1 on the WRVS4400 to port 25 on the SG200 and another cable from port 2 (public) on the WRVS4400 to port 26 on the SG-200. Then configure the ports 13 - 18 a VLAN 2 Guest or Public.

Also when I go to "Port VLAN Mambership" I do not have the option to "Join" VLAN. I do have the option under VLAN to Port.

Am I going about this incorrectly?

PEOPLEVISON,

Under Port VLAN Membership you may need to select a port before Join VLAN...

You can also us Port to VLAN if you wish. Just select the VLAN at the top and press Go. Then check the radio button for Untagged for the ports that you want in that VLAN.

I don't see any problem with what you are trying to do. Please keep us updated.

- Marty

Marty

All works great thank you very much!

I know this is an old post but you can't run two ports from one router into two ports on one switch can you?  Or even crazier, two routers to one switch?

I'd love to split my SG200-26P into two switches but that's not possible right?  You have to use one port to port using trunking right?

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X