cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Constantly logged out of SG350 GUI

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

Despite having the console timeout set for 30 minutes, an SG350-28P running firmware 2.3.5.63 is kicking me out after a few seconds to a minute or so.  I've not used a stop watch, but it's definitely not 30 minutes (nor was it 10 which is the default).  This happens in IE11, Chrome 63 or 64, and Edge on Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016, or Windows 10 Pro.  Surely I'm doing something wrong.  Thoughts?

63 Replies 63

Martin,

Do you realize how embarrassed Cisco should be at your reply?  Cisco IGNORED this bug through the entire lifecycle of the Sx200/300 series switches (and left a MAJOR security vulnerability in the code despite that those switches are still under warranty) and now the Sx250/350/250X/350X switches are multiple years old and you're still going to make everyone wait at least another 6 months for a fix?  There's simply no excuse for this.  As a long time Cisco VAR, we have multiple clients who have abandoned Cisco Small Business over these issues.  Until a product is EOL and no longer supported security vulnerabilities MUST be fixed and major annoyances reported by pretty much every user, like the logout issue, must be fixed on a timely basis while the product is still being sold.  Even Microsoft just fixed the print spooler vulnerability in Windows 7!  Cisco should be embarrassed. 

Hi,

Still, the workaround described in the previous post works and solves the problem. Note that the bug issued "Sxx5x: "Idle Session Timeout" value for https ignored when "Alert Icon Blinking" status is enable CSCvw65642" is logged with severity 4 (minor) and has not been ignored by Cisco at all. That usually means the aforementioned problem is not crucial and does not affect a huge number of customers.

If you have already opened a support ticket related to this issue you can escalate it accordingly and continue the discussion officially with the Cisco tech support.  

Thanks,

Martin

Whatever. I retired the SG350 over a year ago because it was so buggy and
crappy I couldn't rely on it anymore.

Martin,

With all due respect, you appear to continue to defend the indefensible.  It's almost like you work in sales rather than engineering or support - oh wait, you do.  How can you claim it's not been ignored.  The proof is the 8 firmware releases Cisco has made without fixing a very annoying bug and your article claims it only started with the most recent firmware.  Cisco chooses not to fix severe vulnerabilities in supported products too.  I've had too many clients just decide they're done with Cisco because if it can't be trusted to acknowledge and fix simple problems that are years old and also can't be trusted to fix severe vulnerabilities on supported switches simply because it'd rather sell new switches than fix old ones, they're just not going to give Cisco their $ any more.  We have a 40+ site client now not looking at Cisco at all.  We can't be the only ones seeing clients move on.

You're assumption that it doesn't affect a large number of customers really makes me scratch my head.  It literally affects EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER who has one of these and I've never met someone who's used or owns one hasn't experienced it.  Now, do they call Cisco or chime in in your forums?  Maybe not, but have you considered that could be because things don't get fixed so why bother? 

As for criticality, that's very subjective isn't it?  Is it a security vulnerability?  It could be.  When customers choose to use simple passwords because they have to be reentered all the time it is.  Is it costing customers money?  Absolutely because every time you get kicked out you have to log back in and drill back down to where you were and for many small businesses $ is more important, whether it should be or not, to their owners than other security risks. I just fear you don't understand the small business owner mindset as well as you perhaps could.

Terabyte,

Quite a strong feeling here.

The forum is opened to everyone and is based on everyones' goodwill to contribute to solving customers problems or answering their questions and that said thank you for your feedback. It is relatively easy to throw up dozens of invectives and statements, but this is your choice and nobody will stop you. 

Should you have a critical business loss due to Cisco products or problems to solve, please consider the official process flow which I mentioned in my previous post. 

Thanks,

Martin

Ok @Martin Aleksandrov, you basically told me to be quiet 6 months ago.  The time, however, has come to put up.  What's the status of the firmware you indicated would be out in January 2022 to address this FOUR year old bug?

Hello all,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue, I would find this bug very frustrating. We're going to check on the status of this issue and provide an update as soon as we have one.

Thank you for your patience.

Corey

Would be nice if Cisco would simply deliver the needed and promised updates otherwise we have to see if our distributor will be confronted with this problem if there will be no solution. I think he will not be amused...

Firmware updates are needed for:

SG350

SG350x

SG550

SG550x

CBS350

So this are MANY devices and series with the problem. A company like Cisco should be able to deliver the solution...

Current status? Will it be fixed now (finally) for SG350X, SG550X and CBS350? Would be nice. We only have around 50 of these switches but enough to be upset everytime we login...

January is almost over. What is the current status?

DBASQL
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with Terabyte honestly. I was just working on (8) 350x units and the "fix" does not work. It is beyond frustrating when you are on a webex trying to fix something in collaboration with another vendor and the GD switch logs off every time you switch tabs. I logged in at least 100 times in one session. This is mickey mouse trash. Identifying takes time okay but not fixing this issue in a reasonable amount of time is utter non sense.

Be careful DBASQL, you'll be chastised for not praising this defective product line.  I find it beyond frustrating how Cisco defends the indefensible then chastises customers when they're called out for it.  I'm also a consultant so I can AND WILL guide my clients to products that work well and have non-condescending support staff.

jonturley
Level 1
Level 1

Yep.  Same issue here.  Got 6 stacks at one location and it is REALLY ANNOYING to work on them because of the constant logout/login.

But it's cool, only gotta waiting 6 months for a fix...

So it'll have taken Cisco 4 years to have fixed it.  Gotta love the tempo of progress.

jpaulomf
Level 1
Level 1

I have to agree with Terabyte.

SG350x is my first cisco product and it has been a pain so far. 

Won't be doing the same mistake again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X