cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

correct way to create 'outside' VLAN on SF-300-48P??

tommls
Level 1
Level 1

On  our HP switches we have an 'Outside' VLAN where any device connected to  these VLAN ports can use the ISP's 'outside' IP addressing for direct  Internet access to bypass our firewall. We use this for  videoconferencing devices.

What is the correct way to do this on a Cisco SF-300-48P??

Presently I have ports 1-4 in vlan 50 Outside as 'untagged,' and the same ports as 'forbidden' in vlan 1 Default.

Is  this the correct configuration?? In HP switches these ports in vlan 1  Default would be configured 'No' and 'untagged' in vlan 50 Outside...

Tried talking to Cisco but their phone support is not working...

Thank you, Tom

6 Replies 6

tommls
Level 1
Level 1

Called, Cisco, they said to configure the ports as 'access' within vlan 50 outside... did this with one port, tested, still not working as desired, even though ports 1-4 are marked 'Forbidden' for vlan 1 default since they are now exclusive to vlan 50 outside.

Suggestions, anyone?? Will continue testing etc., maybe it's something else.

Thank you, Tom

Hi Tom -- Thanks for participating in the Small Business Support Community. I think one of our Small Business Support Center engineers could best advise you. Please give them a call. You'll find a list of international contact numbers here: www.cisco.com/go/sbsc. The US Support Center is available 24/7.

(Out of curiosity, what number did you dial that was not in service? I'm not aware of any downtime recently. Curious.)

Thanks again for being part of the Community. We appreciate your input and your business.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

I already called, they said to change it to 'access' from 'trunk' in the outside vlan, I don't think it works/worked but perhaps my testing could have gone awry.

Thanks for the reply, Tom. Please keep us updated on your testing. If you continue to have issues, please update this thread with your Support Ticket number and we'll review the case notes.

Thanks -- and have a GREAT weekend!

Stephanie Reaves

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure SF 300 48-P switch to route between vlans by assiging ip address to vlan interfaces but I can't find the option IPV4 management and interfaces. I upgraded the firmware to 1.1.2.0 but I didn't get any change. Can you please give me an idea on how I can get routing between vlans.

Thanks.

Hi Tom, there is no such thing as an 'outside' vlan on the 300 switch unless your ISP is providing a QinQ configuration. If that is the case you may configure a port as a CUSTOMER PORT on the switch.

Is the ISP providing a MPLS circuit or something else? Do they basically provide a connect to 2 different sites and tell you to make it work? What is the situation/scenario you have?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/