Replies

Customer (Me) wants to beta test SF 300 with LCLI support

tgen-jmolina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Per this discussion;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3350444#3350444

I would like to get a copy of that beta 1.1 OS for the SF 300 series.  Is that possible?  If so, can a Cisco support person please contact me via mail or call me?  See my profile details.

I've got a stack of ten SF 300-24P switches integrated with Cisco 3750-E switches in a real enterprise envrionment.  Doing Voice VLANs, TACACS+ against ACS, and some other advanced stuff.  I'm a CCNP unix sysadmin.  I'm one of those guys who first documented the LCLI back on the Linksys SRW series switches when it was first discovered.

I am willing to test this out and provide feedback to Cisco.  I would be thrilled to be able to cut/paste my configuration from one switch to another, since I have to manage ten of these things.

7 Replies 7

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jesse,

Let me see what i can do.  It sounds like a great opportunity for both of us. 

I will ask the PM for switches what is the procedure to get the software to you.

You will have to accept a Beta Agreement  for the evaluation of the up and coming code.  

please send  a email  to dhornste at cisco.com   ( excuse that spelling, remocve spaces and replace 'at' with @ )

1, With a request in the Subject heading  for Beta code for 300 series

2. Contact details including phone number in the body of the email

I'll see how i can satisfy your request, no promises...

regards Dave

Thanks.  Will contact you.  I assume you would want an NDA and such.  No problem there.

tgen-jmolina
Level 1
Level 1

I have been told by people at Cisco that the 1.1 version of code is much farther off and they will not let cu

stomers beta test it at this time.

I am not sure that the SF300 series will ever get LCLI, like the much older Linksys SRW series switches had.

I just want to be able to dump a config onto a new switch via the serial port and edit it via text file.

Right now, I am letting my new switches boot, let them DHCP an address, telnet in, and restore a config file via TFTP.  This isn't great, but it mostly works.

The big problem is that I can't customize the config via the console port.  There is really a very limited number of things that you can do via the console port.  Configuration changes on ports isn't really one of them.  For example, if I need to reconfigure trunking or VLAN membership through the console port, I am SOL because it can't be done with current code.

Jesse,

That's not true. The firmware is targetted to be officially released before the end of next month. The firmware does support a full CLI (not just a menu CLI) - everything you can configure through the GUI can also be set through the full CLI.

Ivor

Reference Cisco SR 617719425

Here's a transcript from one of my voicemails from Cisco;

"we don't have a 1.1.0 avaialable, yet" ... " still testing" ... "going to take at least a month or two to have a beta code on it"

So, that's in line with your statement below.  I was under the impression it was going to be ready for release here at the end of this month rather than next month.

That said, if the RCs are not ready now, I kinda dobut you will be releasing in June.  Maybe July or later.  You know more than me though.

Time will tell. BTW, please send me you email address in a private message and we can discuss getting you the beta version.

Jesse,

As promised, the firmware with support for a full CLI has been released. You can find the firmware at the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17092

Thanks,

Ivor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X