cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable password expiration requirement on SG300

pete.akey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dozen or so SG300 switches and a few months after configuring and deploying them, I have noticed that as I'm logging back into them, I'm being told that I'm required to change my password as it has expired.  The problem I have with this is that we pick a super complex password and stick with it because we have bots that telnet to the switches and pull configs and make config changes.  I do NOT wish to have this enforcement turned on for these switches and I think it should be an option but neither the Admin Guide, the command line, nor the GUI seem to have any mention of this "feature".  Anybody know how to disable this feature?

3 Replies 3

pete.akey
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to answer my own question.  From the CLI, I found the command "no passwords aging".  This should do it.  I'm trying it now.  On a related topic, does anybody know the aging period, i.e. how long before the password expires if one should have this feature enabled?

Hello Pete,

You can use the following CLI command 'password aging 0' which should set it to no timeout. The password aging setting can be found under Security > Password Strength in the webGUI. The default timeout is 180.

I see it.  Thanks!  I wonder why the Admin Guide doesn't mention it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X