Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling questions

Amit Dhanawade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to assign static ip adddress on vlan 1 interface , the model no of switch is SG300 & the firmware version is

1.1.2.0 .

But whenever I type the IP address & press enter , a  question is popped up asking for confirmation

(

switch0d851f(config-if)#ip address 1.1.1.1 255.0.0.0

Please ensure that the port through which the device is managed has the proper

settings and is a member of the new management interface.

Would you like to apply this new configuration? (Y/N)[N] N )

Is there any command which can disable this question.

Cheers

Amit

8 Replies 8

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Amit,

Far is i know there isn't any way to disable this feature. This only prompts when you are trying to configure the management interface.

Jasbryan

TERM NO PROMPT worked for me.

It also prompted on   QoS advanced.

In trying to make this switch easier for non admins, it has made it tremendously difficult.

How about a new command to make it just like a real 2960X ios.

ios advanced

Thanks,

Joe

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

Actually this pop-up is a warning to remind you that when you change the IP address, you might loose connection to the switch if you don't change the IP address/subnet information of your PC network adapter. While for most people this is quite obvious, not everyone is very technically savvy, hence this warning.

As stated by JasBryan, there is indeed no way to disable this message.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA - CCNA Security

Hi Nico,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but is it possible to change this behaviour, because it breaks one neat feature cisco had since the dawn of (my ;-) time: copy&pasting configurations.

As soon as there is a ``ip add'' command in the config simply copy and pasting the config won't work because of the confirmation.

As there are technically savvy people among us who know how to connect via serial line if things go horribly wrong it would be nice to be able to disable those confirmation questions :-)

Have a nice day,

Frank.

If this still is true, then the "new" ios after the good old 3550-ios is really a big step BACKWARD.

This is sad.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

SG300 is a Small Business switch and may have additional warnings but if you find this really making your tasks really complicated you may contact support team and open feature enhancement:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

palm.mark
Level 1
Level 1

Actually this is really annonying, since we too are using copy and paste alot. 

But there could be another way to solve this, if you could add a parameter to your configuration which youd like to paste in with the Y(es).

The only question is: Is there a possibility?

!
interface vlan 20
 ip address 10.100.50.5 255.255.255.0
Y
!

This doesnt work.

Frank Brobdeck
Level 1
Level 1
On 1.3.0.62 you can do: term no prompt
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X