cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CBS350 supports routing protocols like ospf, bgp etc. and PTP?

sathyajith
Level 1
Level 1

I have gone thorough many datasheets but couldn't find a correct one..and now i am confused. I would appreciate if any one can help me out if CBS350 supports routing protocols like ospf, bgp etc. and PTP? 

7 Replies 7

The only protocol that is explict mentioned on the doc is RIP v2.  But, it mention IPv4 routing so I´d say it can support other protocols as well.

Thank you Flavio, it would be great if I can get a exact answers before purchasing CBS350..

Yeah, you can read by  your own. Let´s me share the link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-350-series-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-744156.html 

But if you are not comfortable with the doc, you can open up a TAC case and confirm exactly. 

But I pretty sure it can suppor. You can see here on this link someone showing ospf config.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cisco/comments/sbryxi/need_help_with_ospf_on_my_cbs350_switch/ 

Also, you can confirm with sellers.

Not at all. CBS350 generally support only static routing.

Only special and expensive Switches with x marked and with special OS support rip v2

sathyajith
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you and appreciated I have already went through the doc and after that I got confused.. I guess will raise a TAC let's see if they can help. 

@sathyajith 

@Flavio Miranda 

Please note, that the CBS350 series switches do support static routing and RIPv2 dynamic routing only. Other routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF are not supported. The information provided in the datasheet is correct.

Thanks

Not at all. CBS350 generally support only static routing. Only special and expensive Switches with x marked and with special OS support rip v2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X