cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Doubt about SG500X-24 Stacking

I am installing a network that has two SG500X-24 switches as core and several SG300-52 switches as access switches. I've seen in the SG500X-24 datasheet that there is a True Stacking feature. But in the data sheet there are not a lot of details about it. My doubt is the following. If I configure the two SG500X-24 switches as a single switch through stacking them, can I connect one SG300-52 switch to these two SG500X-24 switches through two cables (both configured as a LAG in the SG300-52 and in the SG500X-24 stack, one cable per SG500X-24), the  the first cable connected to the first SG500X-24 switch and the second cable connected to the second SG500X-24 switch and keep both connections active?

Best regards.

Carlos Fujimura.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate

Yes this works and is supported.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Agreed - this works and is fully supported. BTW, the "true stacking" means:

- Master, Backup, Slaves

- Ring and Chain Configuration

- Local and Horizontal Stacking

- Unified Control, Forwarding, and Management plane

- Link Aggregation (Etherchannel), Port Mirroring (SPAN), QoS, ACLs distributed across stack members

- Single Spanning Tree instance, RMON/SNMP agent, IGMP Querier, etc

- 8 Units in stack – up to 400 ports

- Auto-numbering, Hot Swap of units in stack

- Mix of 10/100, Gigabit, and 10 Gig in same stack

Ivor

Highlighted
Beginner

Tom and Ivor, thanks for the assistance.

I will have to figure out how to configure these devices to work like a single device.

I found some useful information on the SG500X administration guide (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/administration_guide/500_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf)

Do you have any other source of information?

Best regards.

Carlos Fujimura.