Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel issue 2xSG30028P

Morning I am having issues trying to get a etherchannel form between two switches. the first switch says that the link is down and LACP is enabled and the second switch says that the link is up and LACP is disabled even though both interfaces show as up in the port administration page.

i have followed the following instructions but as yet have not had any joy

• first set the two ports on each switch to trunk and only specify an untagged vlan (Vlan 1)
  • gone to the Link aggregation tab and added the two ports to a port group and ticked LACP
  • this shows up on both switches in port administration showing 1P
  • gone to port to vlan and then added all the rest of our vlans as tagged on the LAG

this should have then caused the switches to form the LAG in my understanding what am i missing? here are some shots of what ive done

switch 1

Switch 2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick, on switch #1, the lag has only standby members, therefore it won't pass traffic as the link is in an active status but it is "waiting" instead of forwarding.

The LACP shouldn't be needed as you're configuring static LAG.

I would recommend you scrap both LAG configuration on the switches then readd the lag to the desired ports without using the LACP on either switch.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick, on switch #1, the lag has only standby members, therefore it won't pass traffic as the link is in an active status but it is "waiting" instead of forwarding.

The LACP shouldn't be needed as you're configuring static LAG.

I would recommend you scrap both LAG configuration on the switches then readd the lag to the desired ports without using the LACP on either switch.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

thanks thomas i just disabled LACP on switch one and the LAG came up

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X