Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware for SG300

LinkedIN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can you provide me firmware for (SG300-28P 28-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Switch ). because when i upload any firmware (.ros) i get error message "Copy: Illegal software format"

am facing many problems with current firmware "1.3.0.62 ".

thanks

7 Replies 7

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello:

I'm not sure what F/W you're downloading, but click "here" for the latest SG300 Firmware..

Thanks

Glenn

i did, but i get error message Copy: Illegal software format, please find the attachment .

I dono man. I also did d same method. this methd working for me. So i dono why do u get like this.

LinkedIN
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea ?!

Hello,

My name is Jonathan and I am part of Small Business here at Cisco.

Please try the next steps if you keep having the issue with the firmware,

-Probably the reason that you get the error "Copy: Illegal software format", is because you tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest but whit this unit you should go little by little.

-So first please download the zip folder that contains both a firmware and a boot code the one that shows 1.4.1.3

-Then you need a TFTP server to upload the boot code once this is completed please try to update the firmware as normal to the same 1.4.1.3 and then try the latest. If for some reason the error keeps showing up please try a lower version for example 1.4.5.2 and then try again the latest.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks, i will try soon and back

UPDATES:

Solved the upgrade issue. I do have a SG300-20 with release 1.1.2.0.

First is to downgrade to Boot 1.3.5.06 (via TFT) and Image 1.3.5.5.58

Second upgrade to Image 1.4.1.3

Third upgrade to Image 1.4.9.4

End

I did followed your steps, I successfully tft the boot file but when I'm trying upgrade the firmware it gives me the same error. I even selected all lower versions still the same error.

Any idea?