cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GVRP confusion

Brendan Kearney
Level 1
Level 1

i have a sg500 connected to a sg300 using 802.3ad and LACP, and trunk several VLANs over the Port-Channel.  the LAGs are set in General mode.  i recently tried to turn up GVRP, so i could have the VLAN database replicated from one switch to the other, but that does not seem to be working.  i followed the steps in the Admin Guide, but i am missing something.

the sg500 is the root bridge, and i would prefer that its VLAN database be what is replicated.  both the sg500 and the sg300 have static VLANs created on them.  the sg300 has most, but not all, of the VLANs that the sg500 has.  these are all statically created on both.  what do i need to do in order to get the VLANs replicated using GVRP?

2 Replies 2

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. I found the following article on GVRP configuration on the SG300 that could be of some help:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=1781 

And here is one for the SG500:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2754

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer 

i have done those steps.  both switches are configured to share the VLAN database over the LAG.  i even have GVRP counters showing Join/Leave info, and no error stats.

Received
Join Empty:    0
Empty:    55654
Leave Empty:    0
Join In:    0
Leave In:    0
Leave All:    63889

Transmitted
Join Empty:    0
Empty:    59248
Leave Empty:    0
Join In:    0