cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help to reset password of SF200-24 24-Port 10/100 Smart Switch ...

mariarejane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

I assume Informatics Division has 04 SF200-24 Cisco 24-Port 10/100 Smart Switch, but the network has no documentation and consequently do not know the passwords for access to Cisco.

I searched the Internet for information on how to reset the password admin of this equipment, but only found in higher versions via the console port that does not exist in Cisco SF200-24.

So, I turn to the community to ask how to reset the admin password of SW without losing the settings.

The serial numbers of the 04 SW are DNI161300LV, DNI161300L9, DNI152301ND and DNI161500VC

In advance, I thank the attention.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can connect to any port on the switch, the SG200 switches don't have a CLI so don't have a console port. They are configured using a GUI and once the reset procedure is done, you can plug into any of the ethernet ports and connect to the default IP of the switch (192.168.1.254).

It will NOT preserve the configuration, this procedure resets the switch to factory settings. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello mariarejane,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. I found the following article that can help you reset the your device's password:

Good Morning Cristian

Thanks for the feedback.

I read the procedure and in step 3 is reported to "Connect your PC to the switch directly using an Ethernet cable." But I do not physically located the console port where to connect the console cable.

Can you tell me which of the doors I can connect the PC?

Attached is a photo of our type of switch.

Another question is whether to reset the password, the settings will be preserved.

I thank you in advance for your attention.

Hello Cristian

Thanks for the feedback.

I read the procedure and in step 3 is reported to "Connect your PC to the switch directly using an Ethernet cable." But I do not physically located the console port where to connect the console cable.

Can you tell me which of the doors I can connect the PC?

Attached is a photo of our type of switch.

Another question is whether to reset the password, the settings will be preserved.

I thank you in advance for your attention.

You can connect to any port on the switch, the SG200 switches don't have a CLI so don't have a console port. They are configured using a GUI and once the reset procedure is done, you can plug into any of the ethernet ports and connect to the default IP of the switch (192.168.1.254).

It will NOT preserve the configuration, this procedure resets the switch to factory settings. 

devils_advocate It was great to orientate, thank you for your dedicated time.

Now, as back to factory setting, my fear is that computers connected to this switch no longer access the network.

Do you have any guidance or procedure of how to prevent this or is to make computers continue connecting to the network?

You should only have an issue if the computers on your network are configured to specific IP addresses or specifications. If not, everything will just be assigned new IP address and should not have an issue with connection. That being said, you could save the configuration on a different device to ensure that you can bring it back up again if the computers do lose internet access. The following article can help you do that:

Excellent cristgon.

So unfortunately I think there may be problems because we work with fixed IP for each computer and to make matters worse, the previous ADMIN did not document the network and its assets and, accordingly, we do not have the settings of the switches.

We are now documenting.

We will have to face this problem, but I think after reset and access the GUI to configure the network settings, all computers on the switch will connect to the network.

Thanks for everything and patience. 

the link does not work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X