cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco sg 300-28 28-port gigabit managed switch

bartbiney
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a Cisco sg 300-28 28-port gigabit managed switch and it appears to have lost all software. I connected with a console cable and it just keeps rebooting. It does not stop at the prompt so I cant update the firmware. It was working alright before.

Is there another way to update the firmware?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

edryanalburo1
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried accessing the unit into its web interface? You can also update firmware from there.

Just point your browser to the ip address of the switch and log in using your username and password.

The switch doesnt boot. It just keeps restarting. It does not have an IP address

Hello Bart,

You mention you connected a console cable to the switch. Did it provide any data during the boot process? From the sound of things, if the switch is continualy rebooting then it would be very hard to provide a firmware upgrade as it would reboot during the process. Please feel free to call us at the support center anytime.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

edryanalburo1
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe that's a hardware problem. Call technical support, maybe they'll have it replaced with new one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X