Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Usage on Core 3 Catalyst 3750

Hello everyone,

I was told to post this as a new thread so here I go, refer to the previous one for a summary of the situation:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/high-cpu-usage-on-core-3-catalyst-3750/m-p/4019929#M22567

I did not try any of the possible solutions such as upgrading firmware version just yet...

However, I was going through the Cisco article on STP and I wanted to share this screenshot with you

I ran this command on the interface having high error rates and high CPU usage:

(See attachment)

Do you guys think this may have something to do or are we still more on-board with the fact that is a switch bug?

Logically speaking about what I read, issues with infinite STP loops will definitely make the network slower or even unresponsive.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for replying, it is indeed.

So according to the article you mention, again, this is related to the bug on these switch and upgrading will be the only solution right?

Let me ask you this, will this affect any of my config on the switch? I have to be very careful as this is our coreswitch on the infrastructure.

Upgrade is the only fix.
Upgrading the firmware of the switch won't erase the config and the license level will remain the same.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X