cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I activate internet access for the SF-302-08PP

kg2020
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to activate internet access to this switch. Sometimes i connect to an ethernet port that already has Internet activated. However, this switch does not "detect/accept" internet access? I dont know if i am using the correct terminology. However, I am trying to set up Crestron Xio Cloud and all my devices that are one on the SF-302-08PP need to ensure that thy are connected to the internet.

Are there any settings that I can do on my end, through GUI?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is switch (this is not an Router) - This is not going to perform any NAT, If you have IP address from ISP (Public routable, you can use the IP  on switch  to reach internet.

here is basic setup you can do using GUI :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-550x-series-stackable-managed-switches/1238-tz-log-into-the-gui-of-a-switch.html

More documents can be found here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sf302-08pp-8-port-10-100-poe-plus-managed-switch/model.html#Configuration

High level your network should like below :

ISP---ISP(Modem or router - which can perform Routing and NAT) ---SF3XX Switch--- Lan users.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

It sounds like you have multiple VLANs configured on the switch, each available on different switchports on the switch.

I assume that they are all routed on the switch and you have a transit connection to an ISP router, lets call this VLAN1 . When you connect to a switchport on VLAN1 you will have internet access. When you connect to any of the other VLANs you will be routed on the switch and probably sent to the ISP router, but the router will now know how to perform NAT for your source subnet and will discard the traffic.

The solution, is to reconfigure the ISP router to NAT these additional VLANs (source subnets). Most ISP routers cannot do this.

Is any of the above correct, if not tell us where your setup is different and we can troubleshoot.

cheers,

Seb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X