cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I Configure Multiple VLANs on a SG 200-18?

allanc446
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems accomplishing these tasks with my new SG 200-18.

All assistance is appreciated.

I have a LinkSys WRT54G2 connected to port 1.

I would like ports 2-8 to be in one VLAN with access to the Internet and to be able to share their printers, hard drives, etc. with other computers on ports 2-8.

I would like each of ports 9-16 to be on a separate VLAN with access only to the Internet and no other ports on the switch.

I would like to be able to manage the switch from any of the ports 2-8.

After I create the VLAN 1009 (see screenshot below), port 9 can browse the Internet and cannot see the other ports on the switch which is correct.

However, ports 2-8 can no longer access the switch at 192.168.1.20 in order to manage the switch.

Please see screen shots below.

Thank you very much in advance.

05_IPv4_Interface.jpg

10_Interface_Settings.jpg20_Port_to_Vlan_1.jpg30_Port_to_Vlan_1009.jpg

11 Replies 11

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem getting a voice vlan to function properly on this switch.

Yes and no.

I returned the SG200-18 and purchased a SG300-20.

HTH.

If you got vlans to work on this switch, do you mind sharing some screenshots like you did above? 

As you know, there is a lot of information (and screenshots) in the configuration.

Are there any specific pages that you would like to see?

Alllan,

Well first you want to make sure you are running latest firmware 1.1.1.8 I do believe

Next either console into the switch or you can turn on SSH/Telnet under Web gui (Security••àTCP/UDP services and make sure SSH/Telent is enabled)

Now we configure the switch via Cli

We need to enter global configuration mode.

Configure Terminal

(next add our vlans)

Vlan database

Vlan 10

Vlan 20

Vlan 30

Exit

(you can run show command to see your vlans)

do show vlan

(Now configure the port how you would like)

Interface GE1

Switchport mode access   (this is making Gigabit port 1 an access port)

Switchport access vlan 20 (this command is changing access port vlan from 1 to 20)

(less configure a trunk port)

Interface GE2

Switchport mode trunk (this makes port 2 for trunking)

(Now less add our Vlans)

Switchport trunk native vlan 1

Switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10,20,30

Exit global configuration

(Use this command to copy your settings to startup)

Copy running-config startup-config

(Some screen shots attached)

I see you have a WRT54G router which i don't think support vlans unless you have 3rd party OS installed.

So currently is the SG300 swtich operating in layer 2 or layer 3 , guessing this is why you choose to move up to 300 series switch?

If the switch is not in layer 3 mode but in layer2 when setting it to layer3 the switch will default all pervious settings.

If the switch is set in layer 3 mode you might have forgot your default route

(Command setting default route)

configure terminal

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1  (192.168.1.1 being address of your WRT54G)

Now you would need to set up ACL's to deny and allow what traffic you wanted to filter on the SG300

Also reading your post we would need you to call into support center SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866

This way we could get a better idea of your current configuration and assist with fixing or finding a solution for you.

you have 1 year phone support with this product

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Allan, I would like to see screenshots of the ports, trying to wrap my head around tagged and untagged and can't seem to the uplink port and ports where phones are connected to function properly.  The previous poster solution will not work as I'm not seeing any sort of cli access on this switch.  If was regular ios I wouldn't be having this conversation.

My usage is 100% Windows based PC's.

I have no VOIP and do not intend to.

Do you still want/need the screenshots?

Sure, if your using vlans it would help me out.

I apologize for the delay.

I hope that this informaition is of use.

Christopher & Alllan,

If you returned the SG200 and purchased the SG300 series model switches then yes with latest firmware gives you Cli access.

Sep 30, 2011 3:16 PM (in response to Christopher Ferguson)

How do I Configure Multiple VLANs on a SG 200-18?

Yes and no.

I returned the SG200-18 and purchased a SG300-20.

HTH.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

ifthi.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hope this may help.   http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=67844b99e2da4a7f88db0c588197487d_Creating_VLANs_on_Cisco_Managed_Switches.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X