cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I migrate existing/configured Cisco small business devices to Cisco Business Dashboard (CBD) managed Plug and Play (PnP)?

WesMC
Level 1
Level 1

I created my network in the following order:

• Set up an RV340 router, using its GUI
  • Set up an SG350 switch, using its GUI
  • Set up a few 140ACs, using the main AP's GUI
  • Installed a Cisco Business Dashboard (CBD)

The CBD discovered the existing equipment:

• Requested credentials for the existing equipment
  • Required modest SNMP configurations on the target equipment
  • Requested SNMP credentials for the existing equipment
  • Swung all machines to use a common username and password

CBD currently has no devices using PnP. I would like to move to an image-based design and use the CBD as a PnP server (i.e., configure all of the aforementioned equipment centrally). At this point, I have quite a bit configured per device via the device GUIs (e.g., the SG350 handles DHCP for all VLANs, custom SSL configs are in place on the RV340 and SG350). The network is very stable.

Questions

1. Can the RV340, SG350 and 140ACs all be fully configured via a PnP image using CBD as the PnP server?
  2. Is it realistic to think that migration to CBD as PnP server is possible without significant risk to network stability?
  3. Is there a step-by-step guide that explains how to develop the PnP image and cutover with network stability in mind?
  4. Can I use downloaded configuration files from the RV340, SG350 and main 140ACs to create my PnP image?
  5. Only the SG350 has a CLI (via SSH). Is there any advantage to capturing the SG350 configuration via its CLI vs its downloaded configuration file?
  6. Short of cutting over to PnP, is there any way to validate the completeness of the PnP image?
    [I don't believe Packet Tracer can model this particular equipment.]
  7. When the image is good to go, what are the steps to enable (swing to) PnP?
0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X