Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access CLI Mode in cisco sf 302-08p 8-port 10/100 Managed switch

Fairooz P P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can any one help me in how to access the CLI mode in  cisco sf 302-08p 8-port 10/100 Managed switch. I treid the every method they mentioned in the Admininstration guide.I am not able to enter the command debug-mode and comand menu after resetting the default password. After logging in, its directly guiding me to switch main menu.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fairooz, Mark,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

To access the CLI, you need to make sure that the firmware version on your switch is at least 1.1.0.73 or preferrably higher. Then enable telnet or ssh on the switch and when opening either of those sessions or a console session you will see that you are in CLI mode. You can revert to the menu based console using the command menu.

Hope this answers your questions !

Best regards,

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA - CCNA Security

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marks-alpac
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever have access to CLI mode? I have this switch and I am only aware of the menu mode.

I would also prefer to be able to access a CLI for this switch.

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fairooz, Mark,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

To access the CLI, you need to make sure that the firmware version on your switch is at least 1.1.0.73 or preferrably higher. Then enable telnet or ssh on the switch and when opening either of those sessions or a console session you will see that you are in CLI mode. You can revert to the menu based console using the command menu.

Hope this answers your questions !

Best regards,

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA - CCNA Security

Hello Nico Musselle

Thanks for your kind advice. I upgraded the firmware to 1.1.2.0, and now i am able to access the CLI.

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X