Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Access console of Cisco SG 300 - 28 P

Ejaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We just brought a cisco SG 300 - 28P switch. We have tried the initial setup as per the manual but we are not able access the switch to configure it. Following methods were we tried:

1. Connected a lan cable from a machine to one the ethernet port of the switch,  statically assigned the IP 192.168.1.100 to the machine and tried to access the switch with the default IP: http://192.168.1.254

2. Connected the seriel cable which received along with the switch, to a machine an tried to access it through tera terminal. I have seen the seriel cables which has RS 32 port that to be  connected to the machine and RJ 45 to the switch console port. But for this switch it is opposite, ie the RS 32 port to the switch and RJ 45 to machine.

It would be great if we can access switch through console port. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ejaz 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The correct console cable type is DB9 R232 null modem cable which has 'DB9 female' connectors at both ends of the cable.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The correct console cable type is DB9 R232 null modem cable which has 'DB9 female' connectors at both ends of the cable.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Hello! Yiu Kay Lee,

I have a question about that. the question is " Is it possible to connect with (DB9 female to USB Serial) cable? "

USB-to-RS232-female-COM-Port-Serial-PDA-9-DB9-Pin-Cable-Adapter-Prolific-for-Win10.jpg

M Vithurshan

I Could not see this picture. any one sent this picture again?