Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure stack ip address on SG500 switch

patnaik1010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I have been asked to configure Cisco SG500 switch with initial setup. I did complete the configurations except for stack ip address.

Need support how to configure stack ip address to switch.

Thanks

Srinivas Patnaik

3 Replies 3

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Srinivas,

Not sure if this is still needed but I though to answer anyway. So for the IP on stack is actually the IP on master. Now to connect to the switch via https or SSH you need to be sure you have IP address assigned to VLAN 1 (default or any other used for management) and ports in this VLAN.

Regards,
Aleksandra

Hi

What you are saying is correct, In my scenario the real ip which i have
mentioned as stack ip ( real ip address of switch is 10.110.97.154 ) is
Natted with IP address 172.16.145.132. This real ip / Stack ip i don't see
in running-configuration on switch.

I have also checked with boot menu options available on Cisco SG500X
switch.

Same environment is running in other 11 locations.

Note: I tried pining to stack ip or real ip, its not pingable.

In order to change Management IPv4 Address please go to IP Configuration ---> Management and IP Interfaces ---> IPv4 interface, once you're there you'll find two interfaces on VLAN 1, one of them is DHCP and the other one is Static, please delete the DHCP one, then add a new interface with IP address type as Static, enter the new IP address you'd like to use, enter the Network Mask and then apply the changes.

As soon as you apply the changes you'll lose connectivity with the switch because the new IP address will be applied, in order to regain access just try to access the GUI using the new IP address you entered in the previous step and you should be able to access it just fine.

You can make sure the new configuration has been applied by checking the IPv4 Interface Table.