cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create routed port in Cisco SF-300 Switch

shereefibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create routed ports in SF 300 small business 8 port switch.

I have 3 different LAN say 192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24

I have 3 unmanaged linsys switch where I have connected all these computers.

Now what I have to do is to create routed ports in SF300 and route this networks properly.

Can anybody help me on this? Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Shereef,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

In Layer 3 system mode, the device can have multiple IP addresses. Each IP address can be assigned to specified ports, LAGs, or VLANs. Operating in Layer 3 mode, the device routes traffic between the directly attached IP subnets configured on the device. In addition, you can manually define default routes.

Configuring the device to work in Layer 3 mode is performed in the Administration >System Settings page.

To define IP addresses on the ports:

IP Configuration > IPv4 Management and Interfaces > IPv4 Interface

To define an IP static route:

Click IP Configuration > IPv4 Management and Interfaces > IPv4 Routes

Just in case you can check on the admin guide, chapter 16 for a more detailed step by step description;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

I hope you find this information useful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thank you for the information. I have enabled layer 3 mode. But the problem currently I am facing is inter vlan routing.

The 192.168.2.0.24 (VLAN 10) network is not able to reach 192.168.3.0/24 (VLAN 20) and vise versa.

I could see the connected routes, still not reaching.is there anything i should enablefor it.

Here is the existing details

VLAn 20: 192.168.2.0/24

VLAN 30: 192.168.30.0/24

FE 8: 192.168.1.250/24-----Internet

VLAN 20 & 30 Can reach internet but no inter VLAn routing possible. I seeconnected routes, when look at 'Show IP Route'

Thank you for your kind help.

Shereef Ibrahim wrote:

Thank you for the information. I have enabled layer 3 mode. But the problem currently I am facing is inter vlan routing.

The 192.168.2.0.24 (VLAN 10) network is not able to reach 192.168.3.0/24 (VLAN 20) and vise versa.

I could see the connected routes, still not reaching.is there anything i should enablefor it.

Here is the existing details

VLAn 20: 192.168.2.0/24

VLAN 30: 192.168.30.0/24

FE 8: 192.168.1.250/24-----Internet

VLAN 20 & 30 Can reach internet but no inter VLAn routing possible. I seeconnected routes, when look at 'Show IP Route'

Thank you for your kind help.

Double check your gateway settings, specifically the default gateways for each VLAN (if you have the DHCP server enabled and network pools configured) and the gateway settings on the computers on each VLAN.

Once I got that all sorted out correctly inter-VLAN communication worked perfectly.

Hello,

I have found an article that may be of some use to you. The article covers InterVLAN routing on the 300 series switches. I hope that it may be of assistance to you.

Layer 3 InterVLAN Routing Configuration on 300 Series Managed Switch

Hope it helps,

Andre Mayfield

praneethbvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Routing between the different subnets or VLANs is possible when the Layer3 mode is enabled on the switch.

You can enable the Layer 3 Mode in Administration Page.

vvijaysa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shereef,

FYI, all ports od SG300 are L2 ports. The only way you can do is Inter-VLAN routing. SG300 won't support routed ports.

Thanks,

Vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X