cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to take 2 different bandwidth on 1 port without VLan configuration ?

ashishpoyekar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I am having cisco SG 300 -28 switch and i have 2 bandwidth I want to connect bandwidth A to port on 25 & bandwidth B to port on 26 . Now port no 1 connect to desktop. If I dial pppoe user of bandwidth A so query will go to port no 25 & dial user of bandwidth B so query will go to port no 26. These both bandwidth will be separate. I don't want to create Vlan because I don't want to configure VLAN on customer devices. If 1 user is having bandwidth A & B both user name so he can able to connect with any username by just changing username & password.

Waiting for valuable reply

Regards,

Ashish

1 Reply 1

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunately, this isn't going to work for you. PPPoE's initial discovery uses a broadcast, so there's no way to determine which PPPoE access concentrator is going to reply unless you separate the two broadcast domains. I understand not wanting to go beyond the stock configuration on customer devices, but a two VLAN approach really is the easiest way to separate clients for the two PPPoE access concentrators.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X