Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't delete mac address table

kmsupport
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have 3 cisco SG500-52 switches with 5 vlans.

one vlan is only for sonos speakers. a few days ago 5 sonos speakers appeared in the wrong vlan, strangely the ports on the cisco switch had suddenly different vlan-settings - I didn't changed anything in the last 3 month on this switch.

I corrected the vlan-settings for the 5 ports but even if I restart the speakers, they still get ip-addresses from wrong vlan.

so I would like to clear the mac address table of this vlan, but I get an error message:

clear mac address-table vlan 3 dynamic
% Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered

I also tried:

clear mac address-table dynamic vlan 3

if I filter in the webinterface in menu "MAC Address Tables > Dynamic Addresses" for vlan 3 and click on "clear table" - does the switch delete ALL entries from all vlans or only the filtered vlan?

or is it a problem, if I simply delete ALL mac address tables in the webinterface (in the webinterface I can't clear a specific vlan)? we only have the typ "dynamic". do all devices get automatically a new ip-address from the correct vlan or is it necessary to restart the switches or the devices?

many thanks, ferdinand

1 Reply 1

verdura
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
To my knowledge if you delete the table the switch will rebuild it. I don't think the network will be affected...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X