cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

IGMP Proxy on the SG350

In section 15, page 336, The 2.3.X Administration guide indicates that the unit will forward multicast packets on a downstream interface only if the device is the multicast querier for that interface. However, the device will not allow a downstream interface to be a querier.

I have two VLANs, VLAN1 and VLAN2. In "Multicast->IPv4 Multicast Configuration->IGMP Snooping", both are configured with "IGMP Snooping Status" and "IGMP Querier Status" enabled.

However, when I go to "Multicast->IPv4 Multicast Configuration->IGMP Proxy", and attempt to set VLAN1 as an upstream and VLAN2 as downstream, I receive the following error message: "Vlan 2: VLAN IGMP snooping querier enable prevents executing VLAN IGMP L3 querier enable."

If I disable "IGMP Querier Status" for VLAN2, then setting the IGMP proxy will work, however no packets are actually forwarded.

If I reverse the steps, creating the proxy first and then attempting to enable the querier, I receive this error message: "Vlan 2: VLAN IGMP L3 querier enable prevents executing VLAN IGMP snooping querier enable."

Best that I can tell, IGMP Proxy is broken on the SG350.

Thanks,

Denny

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: IGMP Proxy on the SG350

Hi Denny,

Thank you for your post and sharing your observation. To investigate the issue it will be better if you can case raise a service request with us. Please follow the link provided below and contact the front-line number for your region to generate a service request.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

It will be better to have the Switch configuration file (along with the login credentials), log details, Network Topology and ‘Tech-support information’ from the Switch attached on the service request for investigation purpose.