cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Cameras on Cisco SF302 Switches

DRackley6922
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any documents available from Cisco that would help configure SF302-08PP and other similar switches for use solely with IP Cameras.

I would like to configure these switches for maximum performance with very high end 5 mp ip cameras.

I notice there is some configuration under the SmartPort but not real specific on what needs to be done to optimize.

3 Replies 3

arunhassan9081
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of preping our network for the installation of an IP Camera based security system on it will be running within VLAN 600 in our network, and management would prefer that general users are not even aware it is there

Hello arunhassan9081,

A couple questions, is the security system the only devices on VLAN600?  What is doing the routing between VLANs in your network?  Depending upon how the routing is being done, you may have to setup ACLs that deny traffic to and from VLAN600 network if the general users are in a different VLAN.  A little more information would be needed such as the topology and VLAN scheme being implemented to give a definitive answer.  But more than likely, the device doing the routing is where the security would be applied.

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

Hello DRackley6922,

I have found this link that may be helpful in optimizing the video traffic in your network.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/141056/smarttipsswitchsgsf300-qos-englishpdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X