cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with New SG500-52

laserchips
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently purchased 9 SG500-52 units 6 went to one branch office. 3 went to the another branch office 

the branch office 3 units are stacked ...Here I am having strange random network drops. The ports remain active but the data just dies. Ping one server to another server on the same switch and it will randomly die for three pings then stable for 15 then die again for 3. Port status is always up and the logs show nothing even when in debug mode. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest. A reboot of the unit does not fix when it is dropping...

now there are other times for today as an example it is stable for hours and hours then out of the blue it will start dropping packets. WIndows servers are connect to the switch and they do not indicate the link down so it has to be in the switch.

I replaced old 1st Gen Gigabit 3com switches and never had any issues -Customer not happy about the purchase - Customer not happy with Cisco

any thoughts or suggestions as these are new I called Cisco and got no support... as I did not purchase extended support contract. however these are less than two weeks old...as I am a Cisco reseller I have never had any issues in the past with these units but i am now questioning Cisco quality (i have had issues with other SMB products and had to return for refund)

any thoughts to check - just looking for consistent stability

Network has 3x SG500-52, 5x WAP561, Dell Sonicwall z215 device connected are about 40-70 devices max half being mobile phones or tablets

3 Replies 3

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can we have your case number ?

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

We were denied a case number when I called the cisco rep stated i do not qualify for a case

Hello,

Please call 1-866-606-1866 and request for a case to be opened.

Let us know if you still have problem to open a service request with the Small Business Technical Support.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776