cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SRW224G4 FIRMWARE UPDATE

guillote_79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i want to update firmware to a Linksys SRW224G4 switch.

My switch model and version are:

Serial Number 
Model Name  SRW224G4
Hardware Version  00.03.00
Boot Version  1.0.2
Firmware Version  1.2.1b

I try update firmware via http, but nothing occurs. I download firmware version 1.2.3 (latest)

I try TFTP with the same result.

I get no messages, no error, no logs, nothing.

I`m using VLAN, and trying update from a notebook conected to a managed port.

I try reboot, turn it off and on, but firmware don`t update.

What I`m doing wrong?

Where can I found a manual step by step to update Linksys Switch?

I have three of them and I want to be most update possible.

12 Replies 12

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey Guillermo, have you tried it as follows on this link: If not give this a try and let me know.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9967/products_qanda_item09186a0080a36480.shtml

j.o.mortensen
Level 1
Level 1
Can some one please help....
I have exactly same problem
We have a SRW224G4 V1.1 Switch.
Serial Number 
Model Name  SRW224G4
Hardware Version  00.03.00
Boot Version  1.0.2
Firmware Version 
1.2.1b
On the Front of the Switch it say SRW224G4 v1.1
Is it possible to upgrade to Firmware version 1.3.2.0. ... because I can't get it to load this firmware.
I'm doing it via HTTP upgrade and when it restarts after upgrading, it returns to the current Version 1.2.1.b again.
Have I misunderstood something???
Firmware file is 1.3.2.0.ros
And I have done like discribed i the following link:
Release Notes attached as PDF File and user guide
Is it possible to contact Cisco direct by mail about this????

Hey Jens, you can upgrade to the 1.2.3.0 firmware with the srw224g4.  You might try doing the upgrade via tftp and see if that works for you.  I noticed you posted the 1.3.2.0, I am just wanting to make sure you have the correct firmware also.  Try the tftp and see if it upgrades. 

how much time takes firmware update?

No more than a couple of minutes from start to finish.

Hi davicarr... And thanks for you answer

It takes about 1 or 2 minutes to do the update.... And I'm sorry for the mistake... it is 1.2.3.0 Firmware.

and it reboots like it supose to do... but restarts with the same firmaware as before.

And sorry I don't know how to do it by TFTP.... I've read a littel about it, it look like I have to find a TFTP program to do this.... right??

Is it the rigth firmware?  if it says V1.1 on the front of the switch, because it seems like it reject this firmware.

I remember i have seen something about a special program to upgrade cisco products if there is some mistake i the software allready is in the product... is that right???

Regards

Jens Ole

I would try the tftp server option of upgrading the firmware.  If that don't work, possibly could be a bad firmware and maybe re-download a new copy of the firmware.  Based on the website, that is the latest version of firmware for the switch.

Hello everyone. Does anyone still have a valid firmware? I would not need the last one as at least with the one that I have the switch FW update crashed. If anyone can send me 1-3 versions I would appreciate it. Mail is stefan.bogdan82@gmail.com

Hello everyone. Does anyone still have a valid firmware? I would not need the last one as at least with the one that I have the switch FW update crashed. If anyone can send me 1-3 versions I would appreciate it. Mail is stefan.bogdan82@gmail.com

I have several linksys by cisco srw224g4 *production 07/2006) with info (from soft)

System Description:    24-Port Managed 10/100 Switch w/WebView

Boot Version:         1.0.0.06 (Date: 23-May-2005, Time: 16:58:25)

Software Version:     1.0.0.61 (Date: 19-Jan-2006, Time: 12:32:08)

Hardware Version:     00.03.01

what firmware to use?

1.2.2a

1.2.2b

You would have been better off to start a new thread rather than resurrect this one at two years old, but load 1.2.3.0.

The other two are if you wish to roll back to a specific previous release. Unless you have a specific reason to run a specific version, generally opt for the latest release.

stefan.bogdan82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. Does anyone still have a valid firmware? I would not need the last one as at least with the one that I have the switch FW update crashed. If anyone can send me 1-3 versions I would appreciate it. Mail is stefan.bogdan82@gmail.com...or just upload here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X