Level 1
Level 1

We have the following setup:

• SG-300-28 Switch in Layer 3 Mode
  • SG-200-08P Switches in every office room

VLANS:

100 = Data
200 = Management

On the SG-200 I set the Management VLAN to 200, this has the effect that one of the ports needs to be an untagged member of the management VLAN 200.  However, I need all of the ports to be an untagged member of the data VLAN and I also don't want that the management LAN is accessible from the offices.  What options do I have in this case?

Thank you very much for your input.

Regards,
Romeo

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can tag the management VLAN as 200.

So long as the SG300 has a vlan 200 tagged on its port and the sg200 has vlan 200 tagged on a port it should be perfectly fine.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.  If I remember correctly the SG200's GUI requires that the management VLAN is untagged on at least one port.  Currently I don't have a SG200 lying around to test this.  I will check again the next time I am on-site.

Kind regards,

Romeo

Hi Romeo, even if this is true, just assign it to a random port then shut that port down.

I have a sg200 running at my house I can double check as well.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your advice.  I will check again and if the GUI really requires me to assign the mgt. vlan untagged to at least one port I will do as you have suggested.  Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Romeo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X