cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGBLX1 compatibility Sw 2960X

arada2008
Level 1
Level 1
My question is if the SFP MGBLX1 is compatible whit a Cisco Sw 2960X Thanks.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The MGBLX1 is meant for use with the Small Business line of switches.  From looking over the SFP compatibility matrix the 2960X will not support the MGBLX1.

If you are trying to connect from a MGBLX1 on a Small Business switch going to a Catalyst, the SFP on the Catalyst should be a GLC-LH-SM.  That info came from the Small Business to Enterprise SFP Compatibility chart.

Hope that helps, and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The MGBLX1 is meant for use with the Small Business line of switches.  From looking over the SFP compatibility matrix the 2960X will not support the MGBLX1.

If you are trying to connect from a MGBLX1 on a Small Business switch going to a Catalyst, the SFP on the Catalyst should be a GLC-LH-SM.  That info came from the Small Business to Enterprise SFP Compatibility chart.

Hope that helps, and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

I have similar scenario.. however i am thinking of connecting my SG200 (MGBLX1) to the L3 switch 3850 (GLC-EX-SMD). Is this possible to have one end of the fiber different from the other end?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X