Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Network Load Balancing on the SG-500

Hello,
I wanted to know if the Microsoft Network Load Balancing can also be configured on the switch SG-500? and if so, how?

3 Replies 3

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

From everything I have read about this service, it is independent of hardware, the configuration is all done on the servers themselves.

Source I used:  Microsoft Network Load Balancing Technical Overview

The section on Ease-of-use talks about there being no hardware changes required for this to work.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

I refer to the document loaded.
The commands for configuring multicast on Catalyst switches are also applicable series on small business?
I do not have the ability to remotely access the switches of the customer and then check with your hand.

From looking over your document the unicast solution won't be a problem, but with the multicast setup the issue you run into is needing to set the same MAC address statically on two different interfaces (mac−address−table static 0100.5e11.1111 vlan 200 interface fa2/3 fa2/4).  This is something you cannot go on the SG500s.

I am just going off of these documents, since I cannot really test this here in my lab, but I would say if you want to set it up like that you would need an enterprise switch.

---

Christopher Ebert