Views
Helpful
Replies

Native VLAN mismatch detected on interface gi1/1/1 - SG500X

sam.moles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a couple of issues setting up my new SG500X switches and would really appreciate some help from you clever folk.

Our old network (192.168.0.0/17) is connected to our new SG500X stack via an access port setup with an IPv4 Interface. This allows routing from the old network to the vlans on the SG500X.  This may be my first mistake but I was adament that I didnt need a trunk between the old and new switches due to it carrying no vlans.

Now for the problem!

As the connection from the old switch to the SG500X is an access port with an IP address assigned the native vlan is automatically set to 4095P which causes CDP to report Native VLAN mismatch on the port (since my old switch uses vlan 1). I am unable to set vlan 1 as default as there is a IP address assigned to the same port. The traffic flows correctly but my logfile will rapidly fill with the errors.

I have tried changing to a general port/trunk etc but all either dont let me change the native vlan to 1 or dont allow me to assign an IP address to the interface so cannot route into the switch.

Im in a muddle and need some help

Here is some further info on the port which connects back to the old network:

Port : gi1/1/1

Port Mode: Access

Gvrp Status: disabled

Ingress Filtering: true

Acceptable Frame Type: admitAll

Ingress UnTagged VLAN ( NATIVE ): 4095

Port is member in:

Vlan               Name               Egress rule Port Membership Type

---- -------------------------------- ----------- --------------------

Forbidden VLANS:

Vlan               Name

---- --------------------------------

Classification rules:

Protocol based VLANs:

Group ID   Vlan ID

------------ -------

Mac based VLANs:

Group ID   Vlan ID

------------ -------

Thanks!!!

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sam,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I've seen this behavior before where we fixed by restoring the switch back to factory conditions and manually assigned the VLAN1 as the native VLAN, notice you would have to take this new SG500 out of production to do so and once you set the native VLAN then get it back to the network.  The access port setup is ok based on your description.

Please let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with and thank you for your time and patience regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

Disable lldp and try.

command is

"no lldp transmit"