cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEC DT800 IP Phone Reboot Crashes SG550X-48MP

GregF1
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of upgrading our phone system to a NEC SV9100 with IP phones. I plugged a phone in (PBX not online) to do some initial configuration on the phone with the following:

SG550X-48MP with newest firmware (2.4.5.71)

NEC DT800 series phone

Phone boots up and gets an IP address from DHCP server. The phone then attempts to connect to the SIP server which which is not online. After about a minute the phone attempts to reinitialize (reboots) and the switch crashes. The log has the following entry (followed by a bunch of ros(some hex codes) which I didn't include):

%AUTOSMARTPORT-F-DEV_CALC_FAILED: XDP device type calculation failed: interface gi1/0/25 - capability 3 ***** FATAL ERROR ***** Reporting Task: BRMN. Soft ware Version: 2.4.5.71 {bunch of ros(some hex code) errors}

Disabling AutoSmartPort both system wide and on the port had no effect. So I set up a port mirror on the switch to capture the traffic from the phone when it reboots and the last 3 packets sent from the phone before the switch crashes are LLDP packets. By disabling "LLDP Mode" on the phone the issue of the switch crashing is fixed. The problem is if someone plugs in a new phone with its default settings it will crash the switch.

I would like to report the bug to Cisco but it seems you have to have an active contract agreement.

3 Replies 3

bluetone
Level 1
Level 1
We have many NEC deployments and have recently started using a new model of Cisco Switch; SG-350. Any SG-350 we have, is having this same issue. Previously, we were deploying SG-300s, and I have yet to see this issue with any of those.

We need resolution from Cisco, absolutely!

converged
Level 1
Level 1

re: "I would like to report the bug to Cisco but it seems you have to have an active contract agreement."

not sure that is true on SG/small business switch range, will try and see

I think we found 'no LLDP run" on the switch, perhaps with no changes on the NEC phones, helped

we also had smartport off, with: macro auto disabled

Neil

MarkSLowe1
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue on SG250-50P firmware 2.5.0.92

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X