cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Need Help resetting Cisco 2960L-24PS-LL to factory defaults

I have tried multiple instructions on resetting this switch (Cisco 2960L-24PS-LL), but nothing I do works.

I have held the MODE button while powering on the switch for various intervals (from 15 seconds all the way up to 2 minutes)

I can access the console, but none of the default login or enable passwords work (I have tried login/pass of cisco/cisco, Cisco/Cisco, cisco/Cisco, Cisco/cisco, smartm/c2960lsm)

During the switch's startup I can hit CTRL+BREAK, but when I get to the command line with  switch:  none of the commands on other help pages work (example: flash_init )

I try going to the device's default IP address but get no response.

How do you reset this switch to it factory defaults, if you don't have any of the login or password information?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Re: Need Help resetting Cisco 2960L-24PS-LL to factory defaults

Try reset using mode button - is this helps? (if not connect console cable post complete output here)

http://notthenetwork.me/blog/2013/05/28/reset-a-cisco-2960-switch-to-factory-default-settings/

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***