Views
Helpful
Replies

New SG350X - Change Default IP Address

ACETech
Level 1
Level 1

2 new SG350X-25

Need to change the default device IP address (192.168.1.254).

Under "Getting Started" - "Change Device IP Address"

The next screen does not allow for changing the IP address (it is grayed out).  It is also set to Static and the default address.

This shouldn't be difficult.

* also upgraded to latest firmware; same thing; tried multiple browsers, same thing.

Thanks,

Darryl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for some misunderstanding,

Create new VLAN and enable routing for temp purpose, assign new subnet on VLAN 2 (newly reacted VLAN) and same VLAN assign to any one port. Now login with new IP with VLAN 2 and change IP on VLAN 1. 

Otherwise use DHCP server in the network and switch will get new IP from the DHCP server.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

On the SG350XG and the SG550XG, the default IP address 192.168.1.254 is configured to the OOB port of the device.
Are you connected to the OOB port?

Regards,
Deepak Kumar
Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

this is the 350X, not XG.   the documentation states you can connect to any port; I believe I have tried the uplink ports without success.

another suggestion?   it has to be something simple

thanks.

Sorry for some misunderstanding,

Create new VLAN and enable routing for temp purpose, assign new subnet on VLAN 2 (newly reacted VLAN) and same VLAN assign to any one port. Now login with new IP with VLAN 2 and change IP on VLAN 1. 

Otherwise use DHCP server in the network and switch will get new IP from the DHCP server.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

Perfect.

Next question:

being new to this equipment SG350X,

I have two of them.  Should I connect via the XG1 port on the first to the XG2 port on the other or does it matter?  In setup I had XG1 connect to XG1 on the other.  I saw diagrams where XG1 was always out and XG2 was always in.

Darryl

Hi,

First, think you must create another threat for this but no issue. There is no fixed port, you can connect Switch1 XG1 and Switch2 XG2 or XG1 ports. 

Thanks,
Deepak Kumar

Please vote to all helpful Answers.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

OK, so I am a little confused by how this interface works.  I have 2 machines connected, 1 via console cable and 1 via web.  I was able to add 3 vlans and I even assigned ports for 1 of the vlans (vlan10).  I am now attempting to change the ip address from 192.168.x.x to something else.  I also have checked the box for IPV4 Routing: Enabled.  On the IPV4 Interface screen when I add an ip address for vlan 10, the web locks up and becomes non-responsive.  I am basically hitting a wall.  The port my machine accessing the web interface is on a VLAN1 port and after it locks, I cannot ping either the new or old address.  I change my network settings to the new range and cannot ping either from the new settings.  VERY frustrated....

Hi all,

nearly same Problem here, two SG350X-24 in a stack, connected via two SFP+ DAC cables, firmware Image is image_tesla_hybrid_2.5.5.47_release_cisco_signed.bin.

I added some VLANs via WebGUI, then i tried to add an IP adress to a specific VLAN. When i click "save" the whole GUI freezes immidiately and the Switch is no longer reachable via ping.

Any ideas what i made wrong here?

regards

CapnSunshine
Level 1
Level 1

The VLAN change method worked for me.

Do backups first to be safe.

IT Supp
Level 1
Level 1

Old post and I am newbie (not Cisco expert).

This is how I did:

Under "Getting Started" - "Change Device IP Address"

It shows DHCP and Default IP for VLAN1.

Click Add then give static IP with VLAN1.

After click "Apply" it deleted both DHCP and Default and leaves with VLAN1 and the new Static IP.

Hope this helps.