cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only 1 voice VLAN for smartports on CE-520?

dtbullock
Level 1
Level 1

May I get help for the CE-520 in this forum?

I'm trying to setup a CE-520 such that (for example) ports 1-4 use VLAN100 for the Voice VLAN, and ports 5-8 user VLAN200 for the Voice VLAN.

Given that the CCA GUI gives you a drop-down box for the Voice VLAN for each smartport with a IP Phone+Desktop role, this would seem reasonable.

However, CCA whinges if you try to use a VLAN other than one 'named' Cisco-Voice.  And only 1 VLAN *can* be named Cisco-Voice at any given time.  It seems you can change the VLAN ID of the Cisco-Voice (by deleting VLAN100 altogether, creating your own VLAN and naming it Cisco-Voice) , but that doesn't help!

Is there a way, or am I all SmartPort'ed out on the CE-520?  Do ESW models have this restriction?

thanks,

David.

1 Reply 1

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Using the smart ports you are restricted as you have found.  See this link for some good discussion and config guidelines:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_configuration_example09186a00806da6c9.shtml

You can chose a different port role if you like, this will give you more flexibility.  Have you tried to set these up as 'Switch' or 'Other'?

What type of phones are you using?

Just curious ... but why do you have multiple voice vlans?  Have a great night,

Andrew Lissitz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X