I have a old SRW2048 and work fine. I wish good to clean the internal fans or in the case replace them if they do not run well. As you open the switch to access the inside? Exist a video or a manual to open the switch? Thank's
This may be too late to help anyone, but if there are users who are still using this switch, as I am, here's how you can open the chassis.
- the router has a black front panel and a black rear panel. Both have to come off.
- If you have the mounting angle brackets attached with the four screws on each side, you need to remove that first
- You will also need a flat head screwdriver or a strong metal putty knife, to help pry away the rear black cover. There is no doubt you're going to scratch the silver metal covers but if you're careful it won't be too bad. Basically, start working it between the black panel and silver metal cover and start slowly prying the cover away.
- Once you remove the black panel, it will stay connected to the power supply, you'll be able to lift the top cover slightly by angling up and working it away from the front cover
- it will be much easier if you also start prying the front cover away from the frame but be careful because the clips can break off easily. If you break some clips, it's no big deal. When you put the unit back together and have the two angle brackets remounted, will hold everything together.