Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery not working on SG350X

dloeliger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in trouble with a SG350X stack of 4 SG350X switches. For a unknown reason, the admin password has changed and I'm trying to recover access to the switches.

So I followed the various articles from Cisco, but the switch newer goes in "password recovery mode".

So I'm a little confused on how to recover access to the switches without resetting the who wich would be quite annoying...!

In get in debug mode (as after a normal boot I think), it's the only command I can enter.

Is it because the switches are in a stack?

I attached the output from the terminal to see more or less what goes on.

Can some tell me what I do wrong or what's wrong?

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

dloeliger
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion.

What do you mean by break the stack?

Un-connect stacking ports before reboot? I tried this, but I get the same problem: after a long time, I get to the debug command line (the only option available), not to the password recovery.

Taking the switch out of the stack is not otherwise possible as I don't have access to the configuration via web interface or SSH...

Daniel

break the stack means, remove the device you looking to reset the password, should not be the part of a stack. so remove the stack cable try standalone mode, once that is recovered you can join back to stack (hope you try to recover the device is a master device of the stack ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

dloeliger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I broke the whole stack, could recover the password of the master switch, and reconnect the other switches, but had to reboot before reconnecting one to avoid that it pushed the old configuration back to the stack. 

Thanks again,

Daniel