cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel Help

jclj
Level 1
Level 1

So, I had some trouble yesterday with creating some port-channels and was wondering if anybody has seen this before. I created a port-channel from my 6509 to a 4506 and tried to add two interfaces in an active mode. A couple things happened:

1. Received an error " %EC-SP-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE_LACP: Gi4/11 is not compatible with aggregators in channel"  which i can't seem to figure out why.

2. I do have spanning-tree on the interfaces connecting but what happened was the port-channel came up with one interface in it and the other interface came up...both in a forwarding state. This cause a big loop as these were trunk ports and brought down the network. 

3. Interfaces went down, but never came back up setting leaf switch all over in an errdisable state.

Can anybody help with any of these? Thanks

2 Replies 2

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check whether flow control is on all ports in module 4.if some of the ports are off.kindly make sure to enable on.

Use below command to check flow control status:

switch-a#sh int flowcontrol module 4 

regards

Moorthy

Doesn't flow control relate to the speed data goes across the trunk depending on how much the receiving end can take?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X