cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port isolation between two SRW swiches connected through fiber?

markyzzkrat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have one SRW2024P connected through fiber to SRW2048. I would like to create isolated link between these two switches consisting of at least one isolated port at each switch. Can this SRWs do this?

Alternatively i need on the SRW2048 side few PoE ports so do you know any 16+ port PoE switch that can do this?

THX for answer.

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Do you mean you want a port on each switch to be able to communicate with each other but not with any other ports on the switches ?

i.e PC host at 192.168.1.3 on  port 2 on switch 1,  to be able to ping  a IP host at 192.18.1.2 on  switch 2 port 3 ?

If this sort of functionality is required you want to create a new vlan to the switch.  If it is not the case please explain in more detail what you want and ignore the following.

regards Dave

Om my srw2008P i would do the following, i guess your interface is almost identical to my switch GUI interface.

step 1  create a vlan, maybe vlan 2

[make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page at each step and save changes]

step 2. alter alter port x to be a untagged member of vlan 2

step 3 modify the vlan interface setting  on both switches to make the fiber uplink port a trunk in vlan 2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X