Views
Helpful
Replies

Port suspended on Cisco ESW-520-24P

Sadiq_Aziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I appreciate if anyone can help me with this. I just bought 4 units of Cisco ESW-520 24Ports switches. I did some testing and found out for PORTS 1 and 12 is in "Suspended" mode and thus not able to use.

This not happened to 1 but all 4 switches. Why is this so ? Can anyone guide me to disable the ports from going into "suspended" mode automatically ? I wouldn't want the ports to be in "Suspension" mode when it goes live and thus block the desktops from having internet access.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

datencio1
Level 1
Level 1

BUMP.

I kind of need to know the answer as well.

datencio1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I think I found out what the priblem is.  It seems that from factory, the ports come locked.  You have to go to Security>Traffic Control>Port Security and unlock each port.  Click the EDIT tab on the port you want to edit.  Then un-check the ENABLE TRAP> (apply).  Un-check LOCK INTERFACE> (apply).  Change LEARNING MODE to CLASSIC LOCK> (apply).  That should do it, but you'll have to do that for every port you want unlocked.  I'm not to sure if there is a way to unlock then all at once.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X