Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with a sg200-50 switch after firmware update

Lups
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

I have a problem with a sg200-50 switch, I will summarize how you got to this problem.

Estava estudando a operação e as funções do interruptor, quando decidi atualizar o firmware, realizei o procedimento e tudo aparentemente correu bem, no final do dia eu coloquei o equipamento afastado e acabei derrubando ele, procurando falhas e testando o equipamento funcionando, mas não conectividade, parecia bem. Outro dia fui fazer a conexão e notei que o sistema led continuava piscando e ao conectar ethernet a uma porta aparentemente o link tinha subido, tentei a conectividade e nada, verifiquei todas as configurações, realizei resets e não consegui me conectar. Em seguida, um colega sugeriu acessá-lo via console, acessando-o via console e procurando anomalias que pudessem me ajudar a identificar o problema de conectividade. Talvez eu tenha apagado a memória flash ou algo extremamente importante para a conexão e operação do CLI. Então chegamos ao ponto final do problema, o equipamento, quando ligado, está reiniciando a cada 20 segundos e não me permite digitar qualquer comando, basta selecionar uma das cinco opções no "menu de inicialização", e exibe uma mensagem de erro à qual vou anexar uma tela de impressão. Já realizei vários upgrades de firmware ou downgrades via XMODEM e exibi mensagens de erro semelhantes. Já tentei várias soluções apresentadas, mas não vou além disso.

Obrigado a todos pela atenção!

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

something went wrong, reset to factory and start up new setup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I have tried several times the reset to the factory default. But to no avail, and I've been thinking, I have another sg200-50 working, if I download the configuration backup of this other equipment, is it possible to go up to what is failing via xmodem? Since I can only "download firmware via xmodem". Thank you!

- I tend to believe the device lost a vital 'local file' related to hardware operations, this is not available for restore via xmodem. You  may need to RMA this box.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok. forgive my ignorance, what would RMA be?
I believe the equipment goes to waste, unfortunately.  But thanks for all the help.

- That's what I mean, it's wasted : replace with other device

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

if you have done several time still has an issue, contact Cisco TAC, they will do RMA means a replacement for the unit subject contract and warranty

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X