Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with a sg200-50 switch after firmware update

Lups
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

I have a problem with a sg200-50 switch, I will summarize how you got to this problem.

Estava estudando a operação e as funções do interruptor, quando decidi atualizar o firmware, realizei o procedimento e tudo aparentemente correu bem, no final do dia eu coloquei o equipamento afastado e acabei derrubando ele, procurando falhas e testando o equipamento funcionando, mas não conectividade, parecia bem. Outro dia fui fazer a conexão e notei que o sistema led continuava piscando e ao conectar ethernet a uma porta aparentemente o link tinha subido, tentei a conectividade e nada, verifiquei todas as configurações, realizei resets e não consegui me conectar. Em seguida, um colega sugeriu acessá-lo via console, acessando-o via console e procurando anomalias que pudessem me ajudar a identificar o problema de conectividade. Talvez eu tenha apagado a memória flash ou algo extremamente importante para a conexão e operação do CLI. Então chegamos ao ponto final do problema, o equipamento, quando ligado, está reiniciando a cada 20 segundos e não me permite digitar qualquer comando, basta selecionar uma das cinco opções no "menu de inicialização", e exibe uma mensagem de erro à qual vou anexar uma tela de impressão. Já realizei vários upgrades de firmware ou downgrades via XMODEM e exibi mensagens de erro semelhantes. Já tentei várias soluções apresentadas, mas não vou além disso.

Obrigado a todos pela atenção!

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

something went wrong, reset to factory and start up new setup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I have tried several times the reset to the factory default. But to no avail, and I've been thinking, I have another sg200-50 working, if I download the configuration backup of this other equipment, is it possible to go up to what is failing via xmodem? Since I can only "download firmware via xmodem". Thank you!

- I tend to believe the device lost a vital 'local file' related to hardware operations, this is not available for restore via xmodem. You  may need to RMA this box.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok. forgive my ignorance, what would RMA be?
I believe the equipment goes to waste, unfortunately.  But thanks for all the help.

- That's what I mean, it's wasted : replace with other device

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

if you have done several time still has an issue, contact Cisco TAC, they will do RMA means a replacement for the unit subject contract and warranty

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help