Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP from the 10.48.3.0 /24 or 10.48.4.0 /24

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

This comes from our CSC Facebook community.  http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSupportCommunity

Question:  When trying to RDP from the 10.48.3.0 /24 or 10.48.4.0 /24 network it  does not work unless you ping the IP first at remote loaction for  example pinging 10.48.2.85 or any other machine on the 10.48.2.0 /24. I  did put a static route on a few machines back to the Cisco (10.48.2.5  SGE2010) and those work everytime. Any Ideas?

6 Replies 6

jbonaccidp
Level 1
Level 1

Network Diagram of PTP setup.

I just figured it out, after doing packet captures the firewall was sending resets. I did an upgrade with another customer a few days ago they had problems with there remote sites when I upgraded there unit to 4.2. It was with the SonicWal...l Pro2040 firewall firmware v 4.2. I downgraded it and all the RDP connections work now without having to ping them first kind of odd?

I guess upgrading the other customer helped me figure it out, but I usually dont like downgrading unless last resort, so I guess messing someone up on last upgarde helped me get this resolved.

Hi Jerrod,

Can you please help us understand what Cisco router are you using in the network, this forum is mainly for small business router SA500 series and from the network diagram it is not clear. If you have some other Cisco router then we can forward to that post.

Thanks,

Nitin.

I did post it they are the SGE2010.

Thanks

Jerrod

Hi Jerrod,

Then probably you will need to post the issue on the following link -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/switches

Thanks,

Nitin.

Hi Jerrod,

I have moved your question into the Small Business Switches area per the suggestion of Nitin.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Small Business Support

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X