cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement of firewall on SG200 network

DDussault
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network of a couple of SG200, SG220, SG250 switches and I need to replace my firewall which is my default gateway for my network and a couple of VLAN's configured on the switches and on the Firewall

When I replace my firewall which is configured on the same IP and has a copy of the configuration from the old unit, everything on the VLAN's stops working, I have tried a reboot of the switches after talking to my firewall vendor but still no go and they also checked my firewall config and everything is good on that side. When I plug back the original gateway and reboot the switches everything works back like a charm.I tried to plug the wires to the same port to see if it would be a port configuration but still the same problem.

Is there a table in the switches that would keep the MAC address of the firewall for routing ? or anyone has another idea ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to clear the arp-table on  the switches.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

ok now the stupid question, where is the arp-table on the switches can't find them on the sg2xx model so i can delete them

You can clear the content of the switch ARP table using the clear arp-switch command. Details on:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf200e/command_line_reference/OL-22850.pdf 

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X